From My Desk-YATRA --- English version--क्रमांक-१-

Started by Atul Kaviraje, December 10, 2022, 09:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atul Kaviraje

"From My Desk"
                                   ------------------

मित्रो,

आज पढते है, "From My Desk" इस ब्लॉग का एक लेख. इस लेख का शीर्षक है- "YATRA"

YATRA --- English version--क्रमांक-१--
                 ----------------------------------------

Every journey gets a new experience with itself. It doesn't make any difference, whether a place is being visited again and again or a new place is chosen every time. The word "Journey" itself says that we have started off from home, but haven't reached our destination yet; the journey is still going on. In every journey, we get to see new faces, new scenes and new things, inside and outside the windows of buses and trains,

All these thoughts were rushing inside the mind of Poorva, while doing the household works, when suddenly her mobile rang. It was her husband Arjun on the other side.

"Hi Poorva, your first class A/C ticket to Mumbai has been confirmed."
"That's nice, when do I need to leave?"
"After two days."

Poorva had to attend the marriage of son of his maternal uncle, as Arjun was busy in his work; she had to go on her own.

On the due date, Arjun came to station to see Poorva off, while keeping her luggage on place; they had a look on her co-passengers. There was an aged couple, sitting on the seats, next to hers. When their eyes met, they greeted each other and hence the conversation started between them. Now Arjun was relaxed that Poorva won't feel lonely.

When the train started to move, Smt. Rekha Agrawal asked Poorva, "Dear, do you study in Mumbai or work there?"
Poorva laughed a bit and replied, "No aunty, I am going to Mumbai to attend a wedding, I have some  relatives there. I am married and the person, who came to see off, is my husband, I also have a daughter."

"Oh, we have a daughter of your age and a son, younger to her. He is studying in IIT and
our daughter is a lecturer in a reputed medical college of Mumbai."

"Is she also married?"

"Yes, she is and nobody attended her marriage even."
Smt, Agrawal became sad while saying the last lines, for a moment, she hesitated a bit, because her inner sorrow expressed in front of an unknown person. Poorva too couldn't understand anything. Then she asked, "Why so aunty?"

"Actually we belong to Jain community and our daughter married a Marathi boy, without
our consent, that's why all our relatives broke relations with her."

"Oh, that's really sad." Poorva couldn't say anything else than it.

--Posted by Bhavana Lalwani
--Translated By Jitin Sukhnani
(Friday, October 29, 2010)
----------------------------------

(साभार एवं सौजन्य-संदर्भ-frommydeskbhavana.ब्लॉगस्पॉट.कॉम)
       --------------------------------------------------------------

-----संकलन
-----श्री.अतुल एस.परब(अतुल कवीराजे)
-----दिनांक-10.12.2022-शनिवार.